Inspired by the teachings of Vanda Scaravelli, our approach to yoga at Orenda Wellbeing is that this ancient art is a way to honour, cherish and know ourselves – body, mind and spirit.
In an Orenda Yoga class we look for freedom – freedom from the limitations and chatter of the mind, freedom from tension and pain, freedom in movement, freedom in the breath and true freedom in being.
The practice is slow and deep but also strong and impactful and invites us into true presence.
By allowing the mind to follow the amazing intelligence of the body we can experience our natural joyful state of connection with all life.
Vanda Scaravelli “The still waters of a lake reflect the beauty around it. When the mind is still, the beauty of the self is reflected”
The Potential Benefits of Regular Yoga practice are many and include:
- decrease in stress levels
- relief of anxiety & depression
- improvement in flexibility, mobility and balance
- increase in muscle tone and strength
- improvement in breathing, energy and vitality
- improvement in heart health
- reduction of inflammation and chronic pain
- improvement in sleep quality
- regulating weight and balancing metabolism.
As a result of practising yoga regularly we can feel lighter, more energetic and more joyful in all our activities.
Orenda Wellbeing Yoga Classes – what to expect
- Small classes for individual attention: At Orenda Wellbeing we consider the individual attention that comes from small class sizes an essential to receiving good teaching. Our yoga classes are for you to discover your unique potential and for us to help you find it.
- Care and acceptance: We believe in providing a non judgemental space where every body is accepted and cared for. Our teachers care deeply and genuinely about the development of each and every student.
- Suitable for beginners: The gentle pace of Orenda Yoga and the individual attention afforded by small class sizes means that complete novices are welcomed and receive benefit however inflexible you may feel you are. At Orenda Wellbeing we are passionate about sharing the benefits of yoga with every body.
- Injury and chronic conditions: Another benefit of small class sizes and the personal attention this affords is that chronic conditions and injury can be given individual consideration providing a potential platform for improvement and recovery.
- At Orenda Yoga, many of our regular students who suffer from chronic conditions such as fybromyalgia, back pain, joint stiffness, migraine and arthritis report improved quality of life from regular practice with us.
A fundamental of the Scaravelli Inspired approach is respect for, and befriending of, our bodies. We abidie by the idea of ahimsa, or non violence, towards ourselves at all times.
How can I start my journey with Orenda Yoga?
Spring Yoga Classes 2021
Wednesday Morning Yoga 9.00am -10.15am
75 mins Online Live & Interactive Zoom Yoga Class. Open to All Levels including beginners. Drop in or subscribe per term.
Wednesday Evening *NEW COURSE* Better Sleep with Yoga Nidra 7.30pm-8.30pm
60 mins Online Live & Interactive Zoom Yoga Nidra for Sleep Course. Open to All – no experience or equipment necessary. Engage in the ancient and powerful practice of Yoga Nidra (meditation) to improve sleep patterns as well as learning other helpful strategies and aromatherapy tips for improving your sleep and relieving stress. On signing up to this course you will receive a 10% discount on any purchase of Orenda’s Sacrosancts ‘Yogi’ Roll On aromatherapy blend helping you to relax fully into the practice. Drop in or subscribe to whole course.
Thursday Morning Intermediate Yoga 11.00am-12.15pm
75 mins Face to Face Yoga Class at Cowdray Hall and access via Online Live & Interactive Zoom. Face to face class available from 12th May onwards in line with government regulations. Open to those with previous experience of yoga. Drop in or subscribe per term.
Thursday Lunch *NEW CLASS* Lunch Break Yoga 1.00pm-2.15pm
75 mins Face to Face Yoga Class at Cowdray Hall and access via Online Live & Interactive Zoom. Face to face class available from 12th May onwards in line with government regulations. Open to All Levels including beginners. Supercharge your lunch break – great for home workers to release tension and improve afternoon concentration levels or simply to fit yoga into your busy day. On subscribing to a term of Lunch Break Yoga, you will receive a 10% discount on any purchase of Orenda’s Sacrosancts ‘Arise’ Roll On aromatherapy blend, helping to lift your afternoon concentration levels. Drop in or subscribe per term.
Thursday Evening *NEW CLASS* Sports Yoga 7.30pm-8.45pm
75 mins Online Live & Interactive Zoom Yoga Class. Open to All Levels including yoga beginners. Whatever your sport: improve your performance; reduce injury; increase energy and stamina; improve proprioceptive awareness for better technique; develop core strength; reduce recovery times and increase mobility & flexibility. An energising and deep practice for rowers, runners, cyclists, equestrians, swimmers, team sports – whatever your sport or if you simply want a more energetic class. Drop in or subscribe per term.
Please note: The Face to Face Yoga Classes will be held in the large and airy Main Hall at Cowdray and streamed live from there. Strict distancing and sanitising measures, plus controlled entry times, will be in place. Please bring your own mat, blanket, eye bag & yoga strap. Entry from 10 minutes before the class via the main door.
Classes are generally held in line with school holidays excepting the summer holidays when there are reduced classes throughout the summer.
Private lessons can be a great (but not necessary) start your yoga journey, perhaps having a couple of lessons before joining a class. This tailored teaching is also a very good way to improve your practice. Cost £50 an hour. Location: Liphook or Zoom
Retreats & Workshops
Retreats and workshops allow for an deeper immersion in your practice, suitable for beginners, intermediates and teachers. See events for dates and details.
Orenda Yoga Teachers
- value their own self-development and receive regular teaching from other internationally recognised teachers
- all have minimum 500 hour certification
- consider yoga to be a way of life
- will have an authentic and passionate commitment to your personal development